Thursday, November 20, 2008

Here's An Easy Snack Mix Idea

Kathleen’s Munchie Mix

Place in clean, food safe large bag your preferred combination (about 4 “ice cream pails”—or about 16-17 cups) of all or some of the following: Shreddies Cereal, Crispix Cereal, Cheerios, pretzels, Ritz Bitz, peanuts, fish crackers, bugles, etc. Note: I like to include something with cheese like cheesy ritz bitz, and something with peanut butter (again, like peanut butter ritz bitz) and a little bit of sweet (like a few honey-coated peanuts).

Add ½-1 cup oil and shake to coat. (I find ½ c. is enough for my taste. I prefer extra virgin olive oil; the mild kind which says “good for sautéing and baking” on the label.)

Sprinkle in the following spices to your preference and shake: 4 T garlic salt, 3 packages Ranch Dressing Mix (I only use 2, I think.), 3 T dill weed.

I know, it’s a bit of a vague recipe; be creative and…

Enjoy!

Susan

GREENFIELD SOAP CO.
susan@amicusdata.com
www.twitter.com/greenfieldsoap
coming soon: www.greenfieldsoapco.com

"every morning lean thine arms awhile upon the window-sill of heaven and gaze upon the Lord; then with the vision in thy heart, turn strong to meet the day."

2 comments:

Donna said...

Where's a photo of the snack??

Susan said...

I'm so glad you visit my blog and hold me to some blogging accountability! I will need to MAKE the snack, photograph it and upload it...but right now I can't find my sign (!) and I'm having a very bad hair day, so...stand by...but don't hold your breath...it may be awhile!