Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lemons and Optimism, Friendship and Bilquist Day

Yesterday, I was a vendor at the Bilquist Bazaar, a well-organized and well-attended event for folks who love handmade items. It was a fun day to be a vendor...lots of traffic and steady sales until about one o'clock. I loved meeting new customers and I absolutely loved seeing some of my "old faithful" fans again! Thank you for coming out, old faithful fans!

And thank you, Stef and Pam, for bringing me refreshment in the mid-afternoon. You encouraged me with your enthusiasm, and then you helped me in such a very practical way. Thank you for packing up my gear and lugging it all out to the car! You are dears, and I am so very blessed by your friendship!

My top seller on Bilquist Day was the highly favored Lemon Soap; this bar is bursting with bright, lively citrus oils, and the scent is fresh and uplifting. Beware, Melancholy Dollies! When you choose Lemon Soap by Greenfield Soap Co., you are inviting a hefty dose of optimism to your soap dish!




I always look forward to finding out which Greenfield Soap Style will be the most esteemed on any given sale day. It varies, you know, and that is part of the intrigue! For this day, Lemon Soap became the happy favorite, and I understand its a-peel (har!).




Lemons are beautiful, but surprising. Lemons, like many blessings, make a lovely first impression before they reveal a zingy, sour side along with a vast potential for sweetness. If you chew on a lemon, your face will pucker and dance out of sync. I once had a car that was a lemon; I didn't chew on it, but it made me red in the face, and it nearly destroyed my happy dance for quite awhile! There has been much written about lemons. Foodies like to quote (and misquote?) Rilke who speaks of lemon disks sinking into the tea (or the dusky sea?). Lemons permeate or complement; they appear in perfumes, in candies, in drinks. Lemons look nice beside fish on a plate, and it can seem just right to squeeze a lemon over greens in a salad. Lemons, like many blessings, are beautiful and surprising, and I thank you, fans of Greenfield Soap Co., for celebrating lemons for a moment with me!

Wishing you many blessings and the JOY of a thankful heart in all of your sour and sweet affairs,

Susan

GREENFIELD SOAP CO.
susan@amicusdata.com
www.twitter.com/greenfieldsoap
http://greenfieldsoapco.blogspot.com
coming soon: www.greenfieldsoapco.com

"every morning lean thine arms awhile upon the window-sill of heaven and gaze upon the Lord; then with the vision in thy heart, turn strong to meet the day."

5 comments:

Jolene said...

Susan, I am in awe of your gift of words. It is so uplifting to read about Lemons! So funny, I'm laughing. What a great start to the day. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

I have heard it said that the lemon tree is very pretty and the lemon flower is sweet but the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat. ...the soap sounds both pretty and sweet.

Susan said...

Dear Anonymous,
Thank you for your comment! It has me thinking about inner beauty. And the hands of God. And this postcard on my desk that says, "Faith is realizing I am useful to God not in spite of my scars but because of them".
Blessings and Comfort and Joy to you,

Susan

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan :)
What soap do you recommend for psorasis? My mom has it extremely bad throughout her body.
Thanks, Shelley

Susan said...

Dear Shelley,
Thanks for your question! Personally, my top picks for dry, itchy skin would be as follows: Simply Soap, Honey Oat Unscented, Geranium and/or Carrot Seed. My mom has super dry, itchy skin and she is my biggest fan of the Simply Soap; it has nothing added...just simply soap!
Blessings to you,
Susan