Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Terri's Peanut Clusters

These are quick, easy and yummy!

Ingredients:
7 squares white almond bark
24 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
32 oz. salted, dry-roasted peanuts

Melt almond bark in double boiler; add chips and stir until melted. Add peanuts; stir to coat. Drop on waxed paper. Chill.

Here are my chips and the "almond bark" hanging out in the top of a double boiler. I couldn't find "almond bark", so I used white chocolate baking squares.


Salted, dry-roasted peanuts:



The chocolate is beginning to melt together in the top of a double boiler:



Here it's smooth & creamy and ready to pour over the peanuts:



Stir to coat the peanuts:



Drop by teaspoonfuls on waxed paper:



Ta da! These little clusters freeze well.


I think it would be fun to experiment with this recipe. It would be easy to add other types of nuts or dried fruit pieces, for example. Or maybe we could skip the nuts, add some peppermint flavoring and some crushed peppermint candy.

Hmmmm....

Now all this chocolate-y nuttiness has me thinking of an old sign that used to hang in my dad's workshop: "Women are like candy bars; half sweetness, half nuts". Whatever, Dad!

Blessings of JOY to you and may all of the people that you meet be nutty and sweet!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Those are photos I could sink my teeth into! And white chocolate is much better than almond bark.

Here are some variations: My friend, Cindy, uses dark chocolate bars with pistachio nuts which I love. I also have a recipe that calls for white chocolate with a little bit of peanut butter and dried cranberries.

Now you've got me in the mood to make candy, but alas, it is time for bed.

Susan said...

Hi Donna!

Yum! Your variations sound fantastic! And thanks for the reassurance about the white chocolate being better than "almond bark". You are so fun!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I think I'd go with dried cranberries and almonds if I were to stray from the peanuts. Nice shot of the nuts by the way.

yours truly,
Ethel