Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Keeping My Fork



Every now and then I find a pretty fork at Goodwill. I print the following words on a card and attach it to the fork with a ribbon. If I can find one, I stick a small, flat magnet on the fork (on the back at the base of the tines), because then it can be placed on a magnetic surface (with the tines upright) and function as a unique photo holder. It's simple, but also a meaningful little gift for a friend or for anyone who could use a reminder of God's presence and promises.

I once found a fork in the road,
cleaned it off,
and decided to keep it as a reminder
of God’s character
and promises to me.
He is trustworthy,
and when I stand at a fork
in the road
with a decision to make,
I can remember
He holds me and guides me,
for He declares this in His Word.
When I sit at the table
at the end of a full meal,
and my friend tells me to keep my fork,
I can be thankful
for the Lord’s
abundant provision
and look forward
to sweet delights ahead.
In Christ,
when I see my fork,
I am thankful for His mercy
and His blessings upon me;
I remember I am glory-bound in Him,
and the best is yet to come.
I am free
to rejoice
in hope
because, indeed,
God is present
and His promises are perfect.

“Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.”
Psalm 73:23-24

1 comment: